GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Willow bonsai (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/81455-%5Bibc%5D-willow-bonsai.html)

Dan Voicu 09-08-2004 09:08 PM

[IBC] Willow bonsai

Is there a special way to water willow bonsai? I know that willow always
needs/ or does better having water all the time. How and when should I
water a willow?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

kevin bailey 09-08-2004 10:55 PM

You can safely stand most willows in a water tray that is filled to
above the bottom of the pot all through the growing season. There are
some that need less water though, so you need to know what species you
have. Be aware that the drainage holes can become blocked with roots
doing this and they will need periodic trimming away.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

Is there a special way to water willow bonsai? I know that willow always
needs/ or does better having water all the time. How and when should I
water a willow?

********
********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: