GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cryptomeria blight (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/81658-cryptomeria-blight.html)

Les linfoot 13-08-2004 09:21 AM

cryptomeria blight

can anybody advise me re my ailing cryptomeria (Jindai sugi). Various
branches turning reddish brown, seems to have stopped taking up water
from the soil. I have moved it to a shady spot and stopped watering it.
Still misting it, though, and I have sprayed it with a sulphur based
fungicide on the suspicion that this is the infamous cryptomeria blight
I have read about. Anything else I need to be doing?

Thanx in advance for any suggestions you may offer.

Les Linfoot
New Westminster, BC, Canada
Zone 8

Marty 13-08-2004 02:56 PM

In September, remove it from the pot and check the roots. At least that way
, you could eliminate one possibility.
Marty
can anybody advise me re my ailing cryptomeria (Jindai sugi). Various
branches turning reddish brown, seems to have stopped taking up water
from the soil. I have moved it to a shady spot and stopped watering it.
Still misting it, though, and I have sprayed it with a sulphur based
fungicide on the suspicion that this is the infamous cryptomeria blight
I have read about. Anything else I need to be doing?

Thanx in advance for any suggestions you may offer.

Les Linfoot
New Westminster, BC, Canada
Zone 8

****