GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] curious question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/82426-re-%5Bibc%5D-curious-question.html)

Daniel Avrin 26-08-2004 01:12 AM

In a message dated 8/25/2004 5:27:28 PM Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

i have read thoroughly through websites and articles and basically
everywhere i
can and i cant seem to find a simple answer for this.What exactly does the
term
"yamadori" mean.If someone could just give me a simple definition it would
really be appreciated.please someone end my frustration lol.

Yamadori literally means "from the mountains" but is a Japanese bonsai term
generally used to mean any tree collected from the wild.

Best Regards,
Dan Avrin
Some people call me the space cowboy, some call me the gangster of love....

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Michael Persiano 26-08-2004 02:34 AM

In a message dated 8/25/2004 7:27:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
"yamadori"
The is known to bonsai practitioners as a wild-collected specimens dwarfed by
high levels of ultraviolent light, chewing animals, poor soil conditions, and
harsh climates.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob