Old 26-08-2004, 03:23 AM

Default [IBC] Shimpaku Juniper

Is anyone familiar with the shimpakus that are being marketed by Iseli? I
bought one last June. It was small and compact to begin with. I put it in the
ground, but it has hardly grown at all (other plants in the vicinity have grown
normally). Superficially, it looks like a dwarf compared to my other Shimpaku.
I am very puzzled by the picture of Shimpaku in the Illustrated Encyclopedia
of Conifers. Is that Shimpaku?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 26-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Brent Walston

At 09:05 AM 8/26/04 -0500, you wrote:
Iseli - how does one order plants from them? I stumbled upon their plants
on vacation in California but I have never seen them here at home
(Houston, TX).
I would love to get some more.

Ted

Ted

Not sure you can. As far as I know, Iseli is a wholesale outfit, athough
they may sell retail on their growing grounds, as few wholesalers do. You
may be able to get your local nursery to order for you if they already do
business with them.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Steven Wachs

i have a few Shimpakus they easy to work with. There is a variety sold in
my local nurseries distributed by a co. called Fancilful. They in 4" pots.
Some appear to be faster growing than others, which gives me the impression
that they may be different varieties althought it isn't stated. This is my
favorite plant to use for making Bonsai trees as gifts They seem to hold up
better in the hands of my friends
SteveW
LI NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Lurker

Yeah, I kind of got that feeling but thought I'd ask, just in case.

Ted

On 26 Aug 2004 08:28:05 -0700, Brent Walston wrote:

At 09:05 AM 8/26/04 -0500, you wrote:
Iseli - how does one order plants from them? I stumbled upon their
plants
on vacation in California but I have never seen them here at home
(Houston, TX).
I would love to get some more.

Ted

Ted

Not sure you can. As far as I know, Iseli is a wholesale outfit, athough
they may sell retail on their growing grounds, as few wholesalers do. You
may be able to get your local nursery to order for you if they already do
business with them.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

http://www.opera.com/m2/

Old 26-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 8/26/2004 4:57:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Yeah, I kind of got that feeling but thought I'd ask, just in case.

Ted

If you are not in one of the states that is mad at California, you should be
able to get what you want from Brent at
www.evergreengardenworks.com.
Florida and California are fighting over sudden death syndrome in nursery
plants. Florida wanted California to reveal which nurseries had the disease but
California refused, so Florida banned the entire state. Just before the
embargo I ordered 14 plants from Brent. Most in 2 inch pots but two in 4 inch. I
up potted to 10 and 12 inch bulb pans a few days after arrival and all are
doing well. They survived our brush with Hurricane Charley.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 27-08-2004, 01:41 AM
Iris Cohen

Iseli - how does one order plants from them?

They may be only wholesale. Go to their Web site. Just type in Iseli in your
search engine and click.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."