GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Use of Lime Sulphur (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/82747-use-lime-sulphur.html)

Andrew G 25-08-2004 10:58 AM

Use of Lime Sulphur

Hi everyone,

Just currently in the process of reading a book on Bonsai (Koreshoff) and
have seen a mention or 2 of Lime Sulphur.
I understand it's uses in general but when it comes to bonsai I don't fully
understand.
1) If I were to wound a tree by carving it and apply LS is it true that it
will stop disease and stop the wound eventually filling in/healing over, so
as to keep that look.
If so what rate approx should I apply it, and how often?
2) When applying it to jin, does it create/keep the wood looking old?
Any other uses apart from fungal problems when it comes to Lime Sulphur and
Bonsai

Thanks for any help

Andrew
Mid North Coast