Old 18-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Registered User

Question serissa loosing its leaves :0(

Hello all, wondering if what is happening with my 8 year old serissa is normal or whether i should be worried. Over the last week or so it has been steadily loosing leaves. The loss of leaves has moved in quite a systematic way, beginning from one side of the tree and moving to the other until now there is only a small cluster left at one end of the branches. The leaves show no sign of ill health or dryness before they fall off and the ones left look perfectly healthy although i expect they will also fall off in the next few days. Could anyone tell me if this is normal behaviour for this time of year for a serissa. I've thought that it could be normal as some trees do loose their leaves in autumn but it seems strange that the leaves dont dry out before they fall off as with other trees. The weather was warm and sunny here in london up until about a week ago when it has gone alot colder and cloudy. Could this have had an effect? I keep it inside where its light but not in direct sunlight. Due to having moved house recently and other things I have been less regimented about watering times (soaking up to base of trunk in bowl of water at room temperature roughly every few days as needed) but it has been kept constantly moist. I have been fertilising every two weeks as its been summer. Please help someone.
Irenie