Old 19-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Mark Hill

Default [IBC] Pinus Parviflora Adcocks Dwarf

Hi all;

Had a landscaper replace a number of the old trees in my yard with younger
specimens.
In the process he gave me a Adcocks Dwarf.
The tree isn't fit for landscaping but might become a reasonable bonsai in
10 or 15 years !
It looks healthy, lots of green needles, in a 10 gallon growing pot.
Just not a good landscape candidate
It's about 36 inches tall and appears somewhat "literati", with the first
branch being 18 inches up the 1 1/2 inch trunk.

I'm wondering if there is some method of encouraging roots to form farther
up the trunk.
I was thinking about placing a second pot on top of the first, then
performing some form of "air layer".

Is this possible with this tree ?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA - Zone 6
(Ivan dropped 6 inches of rain on my trees last night !)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++