GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help! with Carmona Macrophylla (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/84737-help-carmona-macrophylla.html)

scodlet3000 08-10-2004 09:14 AM

Help! with Carmona Macrophylla

Firstly, let me just state that i'm an absolute beginner so please be gentle.

A little while ago i purchased a bonsai (for the very first time) from a general store. It's still alive but i'm not sure how to give it the best care & attention. There were very limited instructions that came with it and i am not 'green fingered' whatsoever!

Can anyone recommend a good source of information on this particular species?

Some details:-

*It's described as an indoor bonsai
*Origin: Guangdong Province, China
*It's in flat ceramic dish/pot (5 x 3.25 inches)
*Height (from top of soil) is about 7.5 inches
*I live in Kent, England

Also, the info. that i do have talks about "... regular looping, meaning cutting the new runners ..." and the bonsai does look (in my not expert opinion) like it could do with some tidying up. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.