Old 18-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Joe The Know?

Yes happy to test any Bonsai software....win98, Mac 9.2, Mac OSX.!
Just let me know.
Hope everyone is well,
Hooroo!

"Mark Hill" wrote in message
A quick update regarding bonsai software .......

Over the weekend I managed to locate, download and test (initially) two
software applications.
A program called Virtual Bonsai located at
http://www.jfpinc.com/bonsai_dl/index.htm appears to be an interesting use
of computer graphics used to create and nurture an e-bonsai. Cute tool but
not much good for documenting your bonsai collection.
A second program called Aceana 2001 located at
http://www.monbonsai.com/aceana/en/index.htm appears to be a good method

of
documenting the history of your trees with TONS of useful documentation
features.
Given another week, I will attempt to provide a complete evaluation of

these
two tools.
In addition, I've located a number of rather outdated software databases
created for Windows 95 and 98 which I have yet to download.

In the interim, does anyone know of other applications supporting our art
form ?

Regards
Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 18-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Mark Hill

Joe;

Thanks for your offer to test bonsai software.
As you can see in my last response, I've tested a few apps under XP and
2003.
Everything I've located so far runs on MS OS's.
I'm not aware of any app that runs on the MAC.
If you can find something that's MAC friendly, then maybe we should compare
notes.

So far, my money goes Aceana, although I have a few more to test.

Regards
Mark Hill

Old 18-11-2004, 03:48 PM
kevin bailey

There's a useful list of bonsai related software links here
http://tinyurl.com/4q2qc

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

********
********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/

--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

"Mark Hill" wrote in message
[...]

Free Software Downloads = Freeware = and ¤ Shareware _________ [email protected] United Kingdom 0 24-07-2008 09:13 AM
Try MyBonsai - free software developed by me Mamo Bonsai 0 08-11-2005 09:54 PM
Garden CAD freeware Hougaarden Lawns 5 28-06-2003 06:32 PM
Garden Record Keeping Freeware? Pat Meadows Edible Gardening 0 24-02-2003 01:39 PM