GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Recuperating a picea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/86822-recuperating-picea.html)

Tony 15-11-2004 11:41 PM

Recuperating a picea

Hi all (new here):

A friend has just brought me a picea that I would like to recuperate.
I don't have much experience with bonsai, and have never worked with a
picea, but this is one of those few times (for me at least) that on the
first glance I can see a clear image of what can be done with it.
It has a base of about 20 cm and 3 trunks, the larger two of 7 and 10 cm. It
has a globe shape, and has lost about 60% of its foliage (remaining foliage
is on the larger trunk).

For the moment I would just like to improve its health and vitality.
Any advice or recomendations on repoting, soil type , etc.?

Regards from Spain
Tony