Old 27-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Iris Cohen

Estonia ( most of you do not even know
where it is

Without looking, the capital is Tallinn. (I wasn't 100% sure, so I peeked.)
But I can't remember the capital of Lithuania.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra
Old 28-11-2004, 01:16 AM
John Quinn

Estonia is also home to one of my favorite composers...Arvo Part. I
frequently listen to his music while hacking away on trees in the basement!
John ;-)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 28-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] OT Geography and History Lesson

the capital of Lithuania.
Riga I guess

Riga is the capital of Latvia.
Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania.
Old 28-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Theo

Iris Cohen wrote:

the capital of Lithuania.
Riga I guess

Riga is the capital of Latvia.
Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania.

hat's off to you :-)
I did not even check but I guess you are right, excellent Iris :-)
I thought that Latvia and Lithuania were the same .. so many small
countries and forgotten republicks from the former Communist empire
that I do not even bother to know they exist
there are wonderful places but too cold in all seasons for my
taste and there are so many others far more interesting and closer for
me to see..

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 28-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Kitsune Miko

Yes, but....to those of us of Baltic descent, it is important. Through marriage, treaties, etc. Lithuania was once large enough to include much of the Austro/Hungarina Empire. It is a country rich in history and culture. Unfortunately, the Ukraines, Balts, and Poles never trusted there own people, let lone those of neigboring countries. So they sold out thier intersts to other powers that could grant them a supposed share of the spoils. Always a hard headed people, I bravely carry on the tradition.

Kitsune Miko

Iris Cohen wrote:

the capital of Lithuania.
Riga I guess

Riga is the capital of Latvia.
Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania.

hat's off to you :-)
I did not even check but I guess you are right, excellent Iris :-)
I thought that Latvia and Lithuania were the same .. so many small
countries and forgotten republicks from the former Communist empire
that I do not even bother to know they exist
there are wonderful places but too cold in all seasons for my
taste and there are so many others far more interesting and closer for
me to see..

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

Old 28-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Theo

Kitsune Miko wrote:

Yes, but....to those of us of Baltic descent, it is important. Through marriage, treaties, etc. Lithuania was once large enough to include much of the Austro/Hungarina Empire. It is a country rich in history and culture. Unfortunately, the Ukraines, Balts, and Poles never trusted there own people, let lone those of neigboring countries. So they sold out thier intersts to other powers that could grant them a supposed share of the spoils. Always a hard headed people, I bravely carry on the tradition.

Kitsune Miko

HI
oh my
with your name I was sure you were Japanese :-)
well normally History we study in mainland Europe was based on
others countries than Baltic ones
I sow a TV report
very charming but too much different for a mediterranean born guy
like me !