Old 13-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Theo

sorry
according teh legend the granade fruit was a miracle
a Jesus Apostol one odf the 12 after jesus death
went into the desert carrying on him pebbles stained with Jesu's
blood dripped during his way to Golgota
the pebbles were inside a leather pouch
the Apostol run short of water and was going to die and before he
could die he hung the pouch to some dead branches whehe he was and
asleep and when woke up the pouch was transformed in Grenate and he
could get nourished with his juice and survive ..
this is why the fruita hang on the tree after the leaves are fallen
and the shape and consistency of its skin looks like leather
how many tale stories has been told us to rivet in our mind the real
existence of God .. but all is mere fiction and all our civilization
is based on inexistent tale stories invented by someone as evidence
od truth and imposed as truth by some others
this is the way life goes

Iris Cohen wrote:

It seems that "apple" translated poorly from Hebrew to Greek then to Latin
and ultimately to English and it probably should have read "pomegranate."

There are no specific fruits mentioned in the Garden of Eden story at all,
except for the fig leaves they sewed together to make clothes. The only place I
remember apples being mentioned is Song of Songs. I'll have to go back & see
what the Hebrew is in that part.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :