GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pine Bonsai from Seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/88118-pine-bonsai-seeds.html)

Iris Cohen 29-12-2004 02:39 AM

Pine Bonsai from Seeds

Just in time for the bonsai kit season, International Bonsai Magazine, 2004,
#4, has an article translated from Japan (written about 1970), cookbook style,
on how to grow Japanese white pine bonsai from seed. I imagine other pines are
similar. It indicates that in the Japanese climate (also probably Britain), you
can get a respectable bonsai in 7 or 8 years.
Although International Bonsai is normally not for beginners (in my opinion),
this article should be shown to anyone who got a kit for Christmas with pine
seeds in it.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen