Old 08-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] are you there?

Haven't seen or heard a word from you lately. Are you there?
Or somewhere?

It may be time to post the "welcome message" again. We're
getting a lot of stuff with no hint of where they live, etc.

jim

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 08-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Kitsune Miko

I find sometimes these groups get quiet when there are
disagreements on content.

I am here in rainy California where my elms are still
green and the maples have bud swell. The elms will go
dormant soon. All the other trees are eqaully
confused. It is still too early to rule out some more
frosts. It is raining too much to play with trees. I
may run through the raindrops and put up a box of
cuttings today.

I am club show chairman again this year. So I am
orgainizing events towards that final goal.

Since I am in a forced retirement, I have designs on
going up to the Golden State Bonsai Federation
Collection North and helping out as I can. We have
some pretty nice stuff to work with.

How is everyone else doing?

Kitsune Miko

--- Jim Lewis wrote:

Haven't seen or heard a word from you lately. Are
you there?
Or somewhere?

It may be time to post the "welcome message" again.
We're
getting a lot of stuff with no hint of where they
live, etc.

jim

++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

Old 08-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Pauline Muth

Hi Kitsune and all
So nice to see bonsai as the topic.
I was to spend the day teaching, but both students cancelled due to a snow
storm here.
The roads and empty and if all are in their right minds, they should stay
that way.
So today I will work in my cool greenhouse as the trees are reacting to the
increased
day length and budding out. My elms are in that terrific stage when just
the tips show
bits of green. They have been repotted and are ready to go. I have 100
small Shimpaku
I am working on to develop nice material for lessons and they are greening
up nicely.
Hornbeams are starting bud swell and soon the tridents will follow suit. It
is a busy time within
the glass walls.
Outside all is bedded in snow. Three more inches fell this morning and the
air still looks
like powdered sugar falling from the sky. It is to snow until 8 or so this
evening.
My trees are totally tucked into their dark cold frames for the winter and
dream of spring...
four months away.
In the evening I will also be working on future bonsai events.
ABS will be having a Bonsai Learning Seminar up here in Saratoga Springs NY,
USA
June 15-`8 of 2006. As chair of the event, I am hard a work putting the
final bits of the
package together. I hope many of the IBC members will come up and take up
great
bonsai classes at the event. Unlike normal conventions, we are having a set
of classes
for all participants to choose from with great teachers from all over North
American.
Plus of course a great display, vendors and the like.
Life in Zone 4 is good....when you have a greenhouse!!

Pauline F Muth Zone 4 West Charlton NY USA
www.pfmbonsai.com

Old 08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Kitsune Miko

It is 62 F or 18 C and sunny here in zone 9 Northern
California. I have put up two flats of cuttings, one
of a compact hedge maple I got from Brent, and a Himi
Shara or Stewartia. I wish sometiems I could just
prune and toss the cuttings. I think if I got to the
base tree quicker, I might feel more satisfaction.

Then I repotted a nice little maple. Clouds blowing
by with very short, insignificant showers. Broupt a
flat stone inside to scrub down so I can glue wires to
it for planting some back bamboo as an accent plant.

Debating on airlayering the afternoon.

Kitsune Miko

=====
****

Old 08-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Theo

Kitsune Miko wrote:

I find sometimes these groups get quiet when there are
disagreements on content.

all NG are the same..
nobody wants to get involved
is net-cowardly

just wait waters calm down
and anyway it is the dead season ..

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 09-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Steven Wachs

please explain this email. Is this to reconfiem my membership?

--
Stevew
Long Island NY

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++