Old 15-01-2005, 02:40 PM

Default [IBC] Now I've Seen Everything Dept.

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howT...saiBasics.html

For our overseas friends, Lowe's is a home improvement store, much like the
ubiquitous Home Depot. Their Web site has a whole page devoted to bonsai.
Actually, it's not bad.
Iris
A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense. - Woody Allen

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Mac User

On Jan 15, 2005, at 9:30 AM, wrote:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=howT...saiBasics.html

For our overseas friends, Lowe's is a home improvement store, much
like the
ubiquitous Home Depot. Their Web site has a whole page devoted to
bonsai.
Actually, it's not bad.
Iris
A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense. - Woody Allen

Not what I expected from Lowes but I'm happy to see it. Thanks Iris.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 16-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Pauline Muth

interesting but I have seen too many bonsai in both stores that has glued
down stones
or is kept on racks in plastic containers for weeks at a time....about the
only benefit
is that our society gets lots of questions when they die...bad news is that
many people
get turned off by trying bonsai from these sources
IF they actually believed what they put on line perhaps they would stop
selling bonsai
designed to fail. Right now stores here ( zone 4) are selling outdoor
bonsai...with the glued
stone layer of course!
Pauline F Muth Zone 4 West Charlton NY USA
www.pfmbonsai.com

Old 16-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Iris Cohen

I have seen too many bonsai in both stores that has glued down stones or is
kept on racks in plastic containers for weeks at a time
IF they actually believed what they put on line perhaps they would stop
selling bonsai designed to fail.

I guarantee you that the people who designed the Web page are not the same
people who put the mallsai in the stores. They probably never even met each
other. And the managers at Headquarters know nothing about either of them. Read
Dilbert.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen