GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   5 year plan for an ash. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/89175-5-year-plan-ash.html)

GreenLarry 25-01-2005 08:41 PM

5 year plan for an ash.

I have a tiny ash sapling that i weant to grow as a semi cascade mame (I know, ash=big leaves but i think it could work)

Heres how it is now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eedling004.jpg

and heres what I'm hoping for after many years growing with a good proportion spent in the garden.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ashvirtual.jpg

Mark Mantolfo 26-01-2005 06:46 AM

Hope it works out Larry. I havent seen much on the net in regard to Ash
trees, it's nice to know someone else sees the potential that I do. I'm
actualy working on a Ash forest (6 trees) and another informal upright. I'll
get some pics up once they look decent.

Mark

news:1106705201.ee66fa83513f24ed735a7fb27f5bd906@t eranews...

http://tinyurl.com/6ww7o

http://tinyurl.com/3ko8e

--
GreenLarry

GreenLarry 11-04-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Mantolfo (Post 492726)
Hope it works out Larry. I havent seen much on the net in regard to Ash
trees, it's nice to know someone else sees the potential that I do. I'm
actualy working on a Ash forest (6 trees) and another informal upright. I'll
get some pics up once they look decent.

Mark

"GreenLarry" wrote in message
news:1106705201.ee66fa83513f24ed735a7fb27f5bd906@t eranews...

I have a tiny ash sapling that i weant to grow as a semi cascade mame (I
know, ash=big leaves but i think it could work)

Heres how it is now:
http://tinyurl.com/6ww7o

and heres what I'm hoping for after many years growing with a good
proportion spent in the garden.
http://tinyurl.com/3ko8e

--
GreenLarry

Well after many years, much water going under many bridges and a recent house move I still have the Ash!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps9m3ocskf.jpg

Might have to remove that upward pointing branch before reverse taper sets in.