GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clementine tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/89209-clementine-tree.html)

[email protected] 26-01-2005 09:49 PM

Clementine tree

Hiya!
I have a Clementine tree i grew from seed, i was wondering if anyone
has any experiance growing these as bonsai trees. Any info/opinions
welcome, thanks.

Billy Duncan
www.indoorfarmsupply.com

Jim Lewis 27-01-2005 01:35 AM

On 26 Jan 2005 at 13:49, wrote:

Hiya!
I have a Clementine tree i grew from seed, i was wondering if anyone
has any experiance growing these as bonsai trees. Any info/opinions
welcome, thanks.

And was I surprised when I looked it up and discovered there
really IS something called a "Clementine" tree (AKA tangerine,
or Citrus reticulata). Wonders truly will never cease. ;-)

Most Citrus make poor bonsai, but it can and has been done.

I'm working on Poncirus trifoliata, or mock orange, which is
closely related and used as Citrus rootstock here in North
Florida. It is making an "interesting" bonsai, but it'll never
win anything but amused smiles.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++