Old 01-02-2005, 02:13 PM

Default [IBC] Pomegranates

In a message dated 2/1/05 12:02:13 AM, Theo writes:
I think that for the plants that lose their leaves you should mybe put them
in the basement or garage

A basement only works if it is unheated. In this part of the US just about
all basements are heated. That's where the furnace is. I used to keep my hardy
bonsai in the garage. The unheated (or I should say low-heat) sunporch works
much better. Thanks for the information on pomegranates. I will expose mine to
more cold in the future. I have been wiring the green twigs, as you suggested,
using 1 mm wire. Sometimes I use florist's wire, which is even finer. I also
do this with maples. With maples you have to be careful. Wire a green branch on
a maple in the spring, & two weeks later it is scarred.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++