Old 01-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Jewish ecology site

Somewhat off topic, but I came across this site. It has a number of
articles on a Jewish perspective on ecology, and there are many tree
references and metaphors. Don't know if this is mainstream Judaism,
but it is worth looking at.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Iris Cohen

You forgot to include the link. Is it COEJL, the Coalition on the Environment
in Jewish Life? If not, I would like very much to find out about it.

Don't know if this is mainstream Judaism,

Not sure if you would call it mainstream Judaism, since it cuts across
denominational lines. Offhand, I would say that the Reform and
Reconstructionist movements (least traditional) are the most active in
environmental concerns, with Orthodox the least & Conservative in the middle.
The State & people of Israel do not have a very good record so far on
conservation & ecology, but the Jewish National Fund and the Society for the
Preservation of Nature in Israel occasionally manage to make themselve heard.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen
Old 02-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Craig Cowing

On Feb 2, 2005, at 1:37 AM, Iris Cohen wrote:

You forgot to include the link. Is it COEJL, the Coalition on the
Environment
in Jewish Life? If not, I would like very much to find out about it.

snipo make themselve heard.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen

Sorry I forgot it. It's Chabad.org. Don't know a thing about it other
than what I saw. Here's the address:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=255521