Old 03-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Nina

Sigh. Of course wallabies are native to Australia. That's why it was
funny that these imported animals were spreading the disease in
England.

Nina.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:01 AM
Alan Walker

Yeah, but wallabies??? These are little kangaroos. They
don't climb trees. I was thinking that wallabies might also be a
colloquialism that we are missing?
By the way, Jim, I hope your knee surgery was very
successful and you are back on your pogo stick in no time. Gotta
keep up with those wallabies! ;-)
Alan Walker

From: Jim Lewis
But they make themselves at home almost anywhere. And if
someone brings two wallabies you soon have wallababies. There
is a well-established breeding colony of wallabies near
Waimanalo on the island of Oahu in Hawaii (a startling sight
when driving on the highway), and I've heard of colonies of
escaped wallabeasts in other areas of the world where you
wouldn't think they'd be.

So far, Florida seems to have escaped THIS introduced animal.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 03-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Theo

Nina wrote:
Sigh. Of course wallabies are native to Australia. That's why it was
funny that these imported animals were spreading the disease in
England.

Nina.

we travel too much we import too much we exchange too much and we are
messing up eveyrthing .. and are very careless about species seeds and
others

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 03-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Nina

Alan Walker wrote:
Yeah, but wallabies??? These are little kangaroos. They
don't climb trees. I was thinking that wallabies might also be a
colloquialism that we are missing?

He showed a picture. Of a little kangaroo. In front of a stately
home. Munching leaves.

Nina. Who is now putting wallabies in the same category as squirrels.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Jim Lewis

On 2 Feb 2005 at 21:01, Alan Walker wrote:

Yeah, but wallabies??? These are little kangaroos. They
don't climb trees. I was thinking that wallabies might also be a
colloquialism that we are missing?
By the way, Jim, I hope your knee surgery was very
successful and you are back on your pogo stick in no time. Gotta
keep up with those wallabies! ;-)
Alan Walker

Thanks.

Knee's doing OK. Won't be taking any long hikes for a while, but
.. . .

However, I'm catching Jackie's cold. :-( It never rains but it
pours -- though the real rain is supposed to stop sometime
today.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Old 03-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Theo

like Rabbits in Australia

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Ever wondered, Mass immigration. We never wanted it. So who'sresponsible for it and why? [email protected] United Kingdom 2 19-03-2009 02:45 PM
OT just wondered 'Mike' United Kingdom 0 17-09-2007 09:39 AM
Just wondered if anyone else's plants are flowering when they shouldn't be? tom&barbara United Kingdom 8 16-10-2006 12:16 AM
If you ever wondered.... Nina Bonsai 10 02-02-2005 02:07 PM
[IBC] 'Pure Gold....' Update - Just in case you wondered richard patefield Bonsai 0 01-04-2004 06:58 PM