GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Sago Bonsai HELP! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/89603-re-%5Bibc%5D-sago-bonsai-help.html)

Billy M. Rhodes 08-02-2005 05:26 PM

[IBC] Sago Bonsai HELP!

In a message dated 2/8/2005 11:28:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I bought a small sago bonsai a month or two ago. I water it once a week.
Over the last month the leafs have changed color from a dark green to a
lighter green with slightly yellow edges. The leaf shape was changed and
a few feel off. Am I watering to much or to little? Does the plant need
food?

Where are you keeping the plant? They normally live outdoors in full
sun here in Florida. Keeping it indoors could account for the problem. Does it
have rocks on the surface of the soil? Get them off and fill the space with
potting soil. A houseplant fertilizer according to package direction couldn't
hurt.
I don't thin weekly watering would be too much, but it might not be often
enough in a centrally heated house Up North. Always check the soil. If it is wet,
don't water. If it is dry, water.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mike Page++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++