GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Bamboo Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/91611-%5Bibc%5D-bamboo-question.html)

K S 29-03-2005 05:34 PM

[IBC] Bamboo Question

Group,

I have a friend who has a bamboo that she has had for
almost a year now. It is growing nicely. However,
she has a question about repotting. Does it need to
be repotted? If so how often? And it seems to have a
gel substance in it. Does that gel need to be
replaced and if so how often? And WHAT might that
stuff be?

That enough questions for everyone?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Keith
Waynesville, NC

http://mail.yahoo.com

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Billy M. Rhodes 29-03-2005 11:41 PM

In a message dated 3/29/2005 11:34:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I suspect this is not true Bamboo but the "so called Lucky Bamboo"
which is really a Dracaena. The gel is a water retentive material used in place
of plain water. If there are roots present this can be planted in a suitable
pot with any good houseplant soil and fertilizer.

I have a friend who has a bamboo that she has had for
almost a year now. It is growing nicely. However,
she has a question about repotting. Does it need to
be repotted? If so how often? And it seems to have a
gel substance in it. Does that gel need to be
replaced and if so how often? And WHAT might that
stuff be?

That enough questions for everyone?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Keith
Waynesville, NC

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++