GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Alder improving, central heating!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/92247-alder-improving-central-heating.html)

gary 10-04-2005 11:07 PM

Alder improving, central heating!!

Hi
I put my leave shedding alder into another room, less drafty, more central
artificial heating & noy watered it as much & new shoots & growth are
showing!!
The leaves aren't shedding as much & the leaves that weren't shedding,
that were turning yellow, are seeming to get better!
I thought central heating was bad!, maybe not & what does leaves turning
yellow mean?
Thanks
Gaz

Nina 12-04-2005 02:21 PM

Please, take that plant to a reputable nursery and have it identified.
You'll never be able to give it proper care (except by trial and error,
the way you're doing) until you find out what it is. I refuse to
believe it's an alder.

Scooter the Mighty 13-04-2005 06:58 PM

I'm wondering if maybe what you have is a chinese elm. It's a more
popular bonsai tree, can be grown indoors, and the leaves look kinda
like alder leaves.