GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/92571-re-%5Bibc%5D-miniature-mugo-pines.html)

[email protected] 17-04-2005 01:52 PM

[IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines

In a message dated 4/17/05 12:02:11 AM, Alan writes:
I have also read about miniature mugos, but no place to get them.

Any of your local garden centers that carry dwarf evergreens from Iseli will
carry them. http://www.iseli-nursery.com/

However, I am not sure these are for beginners. They are rather tricky.
Practice on a regular mugo pine or some other evergreens first. I should know; I've
killed 2 or 3. The one I have now may survive.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[email protected] 18-04-2005 12:49 PM

Almost feel like taking it back.

Go ahead. It must have been around too long. Most of them come in better
condition than that. 'Paul's Dwarf' is one of the better varieties for bonsai
qualities, but also one of the most delicate. The one I have now is 'Slowmound.'
It is coming along. The nebari is nothing to write home about, but not a
disaster either. I think it has possibilities.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++