GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Mediterranean Cypress (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/93241-%5Bibc%5D-mediterranean-cypress.html)

[email protected] 30-04-2005 02:44 PM

[IBC] Mediterranean Cypress

Has anyone any experience with Cupressus sempervirens? I gather it is popular
in Europe, but the most interesting bonsai are collected. The few pictures on
the Web of nursery trees grown as miniature landscape trees are not very
inspiring. I had one ('Swaine's Golden') that I tried to wire, but it was a
disaster. The present one, C. sempervirens 'Glauca,' will be left to grow naturally.
By the way, the tree I inquired about with juvenile foliage was not a cypress
at all. It was a juniper. The seller was very nonplussed when I took it back
for a refund. I must show him this one so he'll know for the future.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++