Old 20-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Roberto Alday Delgadillo

Default [IBC] Builders Sand (Growing Beds)

Thank you for your reply. I asked because my Bonsai Teacher told me once
that he uses a kind of artificial sand, and I am sorry to say, but I guess I
don't really know the name in English (it is a kind of "mica" or "silica").
According to him, the sand wouldn't clog or retain water, by the contrary,
its use helps the mix to drain. Actually I use lava rock to help the mix
drain, but I was thinking to change to sand, as a matter of fact, I have
already bought a small plastic bag to try with some new project.

Roberto