GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   [IBC] Silver Birch (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/bonsai/94531-re-%5Bibc%5D-silver-birch.html)

Kitsune Miko 22-05-2005 04:11 PM

[IBC] Silver Birch

If you still have lots of foiliage, cut a smaller
branch, wait 5 min and see if it bleeds/weeps. If not
you can cut it now. It is more customary with
decidious trees to root and top prune at the same time
just before the tree breaks dormancy. So.... you can
wait and do both together also.

Kits
--- AGrid wrote:
Thanks for the answer Kits..
And also when would be the best time to cut the
tree?
now before winter while it is still in the original
pot or later when i am
about to pot it (after winter) ?
Thanks again in advance

Grid.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Kevin
Bailey++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

Robert J. Baran 22-05-2005 10:37 PM

Especially for those going to Washington, D.C. next weekend, please
refamiliarize yourself with how our art/interest came about by visiting
http://www.phoenixbonsai.com/BigPicture/Timeline.html ,

Cordially,

Robert J. Baran
Sunset Zone 10 High Desert
outside of Kingman, AZ

Not going to D.C. :(

because of car accident last January and
soon to be Sunset Zone 2A/2B Intermountain
outside of Colorado Springs, CO

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Alan Walker 22-05-2005 11:33 PM

Robert: Thanks for a really helpful tool for those of us who have
a keen interest in bonsai history. I look forward to the future
developments.
I'm really disappointed that you won't be in DC this
week. I'd hoped to get some time with you. I hope several of us
will be taking good notes in Tom Elias' lecture on bonsai history
next Monday. (I'm not such a good note taker.)
I hope your injuries are healing well. Let me know your
new contact information after you move to Colorado. (I understand
they have a lot of orthopedic facilities there due to all the ski
resorts, but the climate is lousy for those with orthopedic
injuries.)
Cordially,
Alan Walker