Old 06-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] My Bonsai Weekend

I am really fortunate to live where I do and have Bonsai as a hobby. This
weekend I am taking a bus trip to Mary Madison's home on Saturday. The bus
will also stop a couple of other places. I will leave home at about 5 AM and
get back about 9 PM. It will make for a long day. but much of it on a bus
with fifty other Bonsai people.
On Sunday (if I am not to worn-out by Saturday) I am invited to Jim Smith's
nursery in Vero Beach for a day with the two Jims - Smith and Vanlandingham.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Bart Thomas

That Florida life sounds tough!

We just got hit with more snow!

Bart

I am really fortunate to live where I do and have Bonsai as a hobby. This
weekend I am taking a bus trip to Mary Madison's home on Saturday. The

bus
will also stop a couple of other places. I will leave home at about 5 AM

and
get back about 9 PM. It will make for a long day. but much of it on a bus
with fifty other Bonsai people.
On Sunday (if I am not to worn-out by Saturday) I am invited to Jim

Smith's
nursery in Vero Beach for a day with the two Jims - Smith and

Vanlandingham.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 07-03-2003, 02:12 AM
Jim Lewis

That Florida life sounds tough!

We just got hit with more snow!

Well, up here in NORTH Florida, we're getting hit with more rain.
Our rivers are several feet above flood stage, one of the roads
leading to my farm is closed. My driveway is impassible, and
blocked off. The Barn is a morass. The horses are a mass of
rein rot. And all my trees are growing knees -- even the
broad-leafed deciduous trees (you need to see a wisteria with
knees! ;-). The last time we saw the sun it was February!

David Thoreau - Walden

Old 07-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Neal Ross

We could use some of that rain out here in Northern Cal if you feel like
sending it. Gonna be a long dry summer with lots of fires I fear.

--I crucified my hate and
held the world within my hands--
Neal Ross-Marysville CA

Old 07-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Craig Cowing

Jim Lewis wrote:

That Florida life sounds tough!

We just got hit with more snow!

Well, up here in NORTH Florida, we're getting hit with more rain.
Our rivers are several feet above flood stage, one of the roads
leading to my farm is closed. My driveway is impassible, and
blocked off. The Barn is a morass. The horses are a mass of
rein rot. And all my trees are growing knees -- even the
broad-leafed deciduous trees (you need to see a wisteria with
knees! ;-). The last time we saw the sun it was February!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -

WE had 8 inches of snow yesterday. No complaints here. This is the water that
will carry us through the summer. Spring will come soon enough.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a