Old 19-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Kishie

Default Snow Rose, Serissa

Hello everyone!

I am a b-e-g-i-n-n-e-r to bonsai. I am interested in growing Snow Rose,
Serissa from seeds. I did some research and found that it is hardy to
Zone 9 (USDA), so then will it be hardy to Zone 25 (Sunset)?

Also, is the Serissa recommended for beginners? I read that the Elm and
Ficus are better for starters.

Thanks alot for you guys help!

Kishie
*winks@Tekmanx

Old 19-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Tekmanx

I read the whole thing til the end and was like..lol when I saw the
"Kishie"

*winks@Kishie

Tekmanx
-Zone 25 (Florida/Bahamas)

Old 20-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Tiziano

Kishie wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am a b-e-g-i-n-n-e-r to bonsai. I am interested in growing Snow Rose,
Serissa from seeds. I did some research and found that it is hardy to
Zone 9 (USDA), so then will it be hardy to Zone 25 (Sunset)?

do not worry when you run into a serissa take a twig and

put it in soft soil, keep it moist , it will root easily
in any season I did 7 cuttings for experiement in different
periods ..all worked
serissa is a tropical( as Iris said) that loves and
withstand cold mine survived twice this year to -6° celsious
is grown in zone 7 all year round outside less u care
for her the better

Old 21-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Kishie

Cool, I read somewhere that it was a temperamental plant.

Thanks for the advance! :-D

~Kishie

Old 21-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Tiziano

Kishie wrote:

Hello everyone!

I am a b-e-g-i-n-n-e-r to bonsai. I am interested in growing Snow Rose,
Serissa from seeds. I did some research and found that it is hardy to
Zone 9 (USDA), so then will it be hardy to Zone 25 (Sunset)?

Also, is the Serissa recommended for beginners? I read that the Elm and
Ficus are better for starters.

it is as easy as Punica Granatum.. jest keep her in a
luminous or half sunny place well ventilated a good draining
soil with organic compound ( I use coarse sequoia bark
cut in small cubes and previously steam sterilized in the
microwave) )
loves cold
look at this one :

http://groups.msn.com/BonsaiItalia/i...o&PhotoID=1061
I have 7 cuttings since 2 years all year outside in zone 7
and are as green as grass

Old 21-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Tiziano

Ho Kishie
Kishie wrote:

Cool, I read somewhere that it was a temperamental plant.

a lot of gibberish!!
someone said is a tropical & temperamental and everybody
followed his statement
it is a gardi shrub that witstand freeze and hot .. just
need not to be over babysitted as most of newbieds do with
*baby bonsai*
this second lot ( of serissa cuttings) I have
progress wonderfully , it is their second winther outside
zone 7 and ice
no special treatement just water fertilize and let her live
undisturbed
Tiziano

Old 22-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Kishie

Nice :-D Thanks for the great tips!! I can't wait to start
experimenting.

~Kishie

snow snow snow! Janet Tweedy[_2_] United Kingdom 11 18-01-2013 09:37 PM
ID phenomena -rose/mum bloom in winter/snow ays Plant Science 0 19-12-2006 03:37 PM
Snow Rose, Serissa Kishie Bonsai 0 19-07-2005 08:31 PM
[IBC] Snow Rose Donna Lifshotz Bonsai 0 17-07-2004 12:06 AM
Snow rose bonsai Venu Shelat Gardening 4 23-01-2003 09:03 PM