Old 12-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Katra

In article ,
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:06:49 GMT, wrote:

On 8/11/05 12:43 PM, in article
, "Katra"
wrote:

Rogerx has bunches o' ladybugs he doesn't want

Sorry for the negative comment, no offense intended. Rogerx.

Gather them up and SELL THEM on ebay!

That is probably in violation of state and federal law. Note that
containers, In California at least, indicate the license number of where the
lady bugs were raised.

Oh, poo, poo, poo on you, too.

Rogerx is going to be too busy shipping them to me and Katra to sell
them on eBay.

Penelope

snicker
With any luck... ;-)

I hope he takes the offer seriously!

Wonder if he takes paypal???
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell--you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Old 15-08-2005, 03:26 PM

White flies can be eliminated by spraying with a dilute solution of
Rubbing Alcohol and liquid detergent. I would use about 1-2 ounces of
Rubbing Alcohol and 5 drops of liquid detergent into one gallon of
water. Spray the entire plant and get beneath the leaves if possible.
You may have to do this 2 or 3 times to disrupt the white fly life
cycle.
Another method is to liquify some "hot" cayenne peppers in a
blender. Filter this thru cheese cloth. Handle with care and wear
gloves! Add 5 drops of liquid detergent and dilute with water to one
gallon.
The liquid detergent helps the liquid adhere to the leaves and coats
the white flies.
You can also use natural Castille soap, instead of liquid detergent
but you should thoroughly dissolve it in warm water first so that it
does not clog your sprayer.

Nicky

Old 21-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Registered User

Location: Southern California

Wow. I just used your advice... actually I put a piece of yellow paper in a plastic sheet protector and then sprayed it with PAM cooking spray.I went inside to put the PAM away, came back out not more than 5 minutes later, and there were 6 or 8 teeny tiny black flying critters stuck in the oil. If these are pests, I am delighted, but is there any chance they are pollinators?

White 'flies' on my tomatoes ajr United Kingdom 15 20-10-2003 02:12 PM
white flies on tomatoes abe and sally Gardening 3 01-09-2003 01:02 PM
tomatoes and white flies kronos408 Edible Gardening 3 19-07-2003 07:42 PM
White flies Howie Gardening 1 26-06-2003 12:44 AM
White flies in soil and on citrus Snooze Gardening 1 25-01-2003 02:02 PM