GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pepper production promulgated (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/101545-pepper-production-promulgated.html)

john 19-08-2005 01:40 AM

pepper production promulgated

I thought all my plants were going to die. Eight died early, but nine
lived. I fully expected the nine to die. Of the nine, five are
producing fruit.

These are all supposed to be "red" bell peppers. I tried to wait the
whole group out to turn red, but I ate a green one today with my
breakfast and dinner. It was ok, not earth-shaking. I hope the others
are tastier.

John

alan[remove][email protected] 19-08-2005 02:23 PM

John,

See my thread, "How Do You Plant Tomatoes" a few threads up. Like me,
you may not have planted deep enough.

Alan

john 20-08-2005 01:53 AM

Interesting thread, Alan. I may try the "deep planting method=AE" next
year.

However, I think my problems were bad seeds, over-watering, poor
drainage(all potted plants croaked), and perhaps over-fertilizaton.
Throw in too much sun/not enough sun. Who the hell knows???