GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Temperamental apricot tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/10266-temperamental-apricot-tree.html)

Polar 13-03-2003 05:45 AM

Temperamental apricot tree

I'd always heard that they get around to bearing only on
alternate years. Mine is at least 10 years old; probably more, and
hasn't done well recently. I "threatened" it with removal, like its
plum sister that had to go last year. So whaddya know, it blossomed
like gang busters and I already see lotsa little apricots!

Now, if I can only outwit the squirrels!

Anybody know if they are deterred by AOL CDs hung in the tree,
or does that apply only to birds?

--
Polar