GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thorn-free raspberries? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/1039-thorn-free-raspberries.html)

Minteeleaf 10-02-2003 07:25 PM

Thorn-free raspberries?

My mother has grown thorn-free raspberries for many years
but she can't remember the variety. I have searched for some time
to find a thorn-free variety without success.

Do any of you here know the names of any of these?

Input welcomed.

Minteeleaf

UrthMomma 14-02-2003 04:27 PM

Thorn-free raspberries?

Canby is a thornless red raspberry. Grows well in a sunny well watered spot in
Zone 5 ( Chicago suburbs) for me. Does not perform well in the shade. Canby
likes a bit of trellising and can produce well. Can be ordered from major mail
order houses. I think I got some from Millers.

Cara