GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   exotic edible nursery (zone 7) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/104179-exotic-edible-nursery-zone-7-a.html)

Luna 03-09-2005 12:46 AM

exotic edible nursery (zone 7)

I am trying to find an affordable source for the more exotic edibles such as
asian pears, persimmons, kiwis, paw paws, etc. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Hannah

simy1 03-09-2005 01:45 AM

edible landscaping has it all.

Luna 04-09-2005 04:41 PM

I have found that their prices aren't great, though. I discovered "Hidden
Springs" Nursery in TN, and I'm in love. They don't have much of a web
presence but if you google you can find an old catalog of theirs.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Hannah

"simy1" wrote in message
oups.com...
edible landscaping has it all.

Dianna Visek 05-09-2005 05:58 AM

Do you have an address so we can write for a catalog?

Thanks, Dianna

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:41:14 GMT, "Luna" wrote:

I have found that their prices aren't great, though. I discovered "Hidden
Springs" Nursery in TN, and I'm in love. They don't have much of a web
presence but if you google you can find an old catalog of theirs.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Hannah

"simy1" wrote in message
roups.com...
edible landscaping has it all.

To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

Doug Freyburger 05-09-2005 07:34 PM

Luna wrote:

I am trying to find an affordable source for the more exotic edibles such as
asian pears, persimmons, kiwis, paw paws, etc. Any suggestions?

http://www.raintreenursery.com/

When I was trying to decide on what to plant in my yard in
the spring, they appeared to have the best variety. I can
not judge their product as I have yet to order items, just
how their catalog compares.

Suze 06-09-2005 05:38 AM

Quoting Doug Freyburger:
Luna wrote:

I am trying to find an affordable source for the more exotic edibles such as
asian pears, persimmons, kiwis, paw paws, etc. Any suggestions?

http://www.raintreenursery.com/

When I was trying to decide on what to plant in my yard in
the spring, they appeared to have the best variety. I can
not judge their product as I have yet to order items, just
how their catalog compares.

Garden Watchdog ratings for Raintree nursery:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/105/

Dwayne 06-09-2005 12:03 PM

I have ordered several trees from raintree and have been satisfied. One
died and they replaced it. The rest have done very well, except for late
frost, and have been producing. When you order your pears, be sure and get
two different kinds that bloom at the same time. Their staff can help you
with that.

Dwayne

"Doug Freyburger" wrote in message
oups.com...

Luna 07-09-2005 04:27 AM

Here is their Garden Watchdog report (which I believe contains a link to
their old catalog and contact info). Their new catalog is not yet out.
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/1022/
Hannah

--
"Dianna Visek" wrote in message
Do you have an address so we can write for a catalog?

Thanks, Dianna

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:41:14 GMT, "Luna" wrote:

I have found that their prices aren't great, though. I discovered "Hidden
Springs" Nursery in TN, and I'm in love. They don't have much of a web
presence but if you google you can find an old catalog of theirs.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Hannah

groups.com...

tree dude 08-09-2005 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna
I am trying to find an affordable source for the more exotic edibles such as
asian pears, persimmons, kiwis, paw paws, etc. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Hannah

Try listening to am 610 on sunday from 7am 9 am.