GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   BASIL eating ghosts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/104714-basil-eating-ghosts.html)

edith 16-09-2005 12:00 AM

BASIL eating ghosts

Will someone please help? Something is eating my basil! I cant see what it is. I found no eggs or nest of any sort, i have put eggshells and i also have gravel. I also used a spray but nothing works. Its crikets I assume. What can i use against them?

Penelope Periwinkle 16-09-2005 03:59 AM

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:00:18 +0000, edith
wrote:

Will someone please help? Something is eating my basil! I cant see what
it is. I found no eggs or nest of any sort, i have put eggshells and i
also have gravel. I also used a spray but nothing works. Its crikets I
assume. What can i use against them?

Slugs love basil.

At least, US slugs love basil.

Put a board by the plants in the evening, and check it in the
morning to see if there are any slugs underneath.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"

Bills Garden 01-10-2005 02:10 PM

wrote:

Will someone please help? Something is eating my basil! I cant see what
it is. I found no eggs or nest of any sort, i have put eggshells and i
also have gravel. I also used a spray but nothing works. Its crikets I
assume. What can i use against them?

Slugs love basil.

At least, US slugs love basil.

Put a board by the plants in the evening, and check it in the
morning to see if there are any slugs underneath.

Earwigs love Basil too!

Regards.
Bill

Penelope