GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dwarf orange - chlorotic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/10515-dwarf-orange-chlorotic.html)

Polar 15-03-2003 05:08 PM

Dwarf orange - chlorotic

Help! Just noticed that my preshus little dwarf orange's
leaves are looking a little chloritic (lack of iron, if I have the
word right).

I quickly fed the soil some organic food, which conditions the
soil rather than going straight into the plant.

Should I also give the orange tree some chelated iron,
or wait to see if the organic food did the trick? Just want to head
off problems, if any.

Note that sweet little tree does have blooms and baby fruit.
(It had huge oranges when I bought it; they ripened and I ate them
with a near-religious awe.)

--

Polar
Email copies welcome

Polar 19-03-2003 06:08 PM

Dwarf orange - chlorotic

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:01:16 -0800, Polar
wrote:

Help! Just noticed that my preshus little dwarf orange's
leaves are looking a little chloritic (lack of iron, if I have the
word right).

I quickly fed the soil some organic food, which conditions the
soil rather than going straight into the plant.

Should I also give the orange tree some chelated iron,
or wait to see if the organic food did the trick? Just want to head
off problems, if any.

Note that sweet little tree does have blooms and baby fruit.
(It had huge oranges when I bought it; they ripened and I ate them
with a near-religious awe.)

Hello? Anybody out there?

Would sure appreciate advice on chelated iron vs. waiting for organic
food results.

--
Polar