Old 15-03-2003, 07:08 PM
CaringIsTheFirstStep

Default mole,vole, ?

Greetings all, my first post here.

I have some small critter in my garden, and after reading about moles, it
doesn't seem to be one.
This guy leaves trails above and below ground, in my garden and out of it...
about 1 inch wide. S/he's eaten through the bottom stems of my pea plants.

Any ideas what this thing is, and how to re-locate it? A trap would work,
no?

http://www.geocities.com/holist2002/GMOharms.html (actual harms of GMOs, how
to easily avoid them

-The person who does a little to help, when they can't help completely -is
wiser than- the person who does nothing to help, when they can't help
completely

-Perhaps we cannot prevent this world from being a world in which there is
suffering. But we can lessen the number of those suffering (and the degree
of their suffering). And if you do not help us do this, who will?
-from Camus

Old 15-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Stephanie

Could be a vole...sort of looks like a bratwurst with brown fur...will eat
everything. Don't leave anything in your garden....pieces of wood,
pots...anything really, as they like to make lots of trails under things but
not necessarily deep.

Old 15-03-2003, 11:20 PM
CaringIsTheFirstStep

thanks. yes, it has made a lot of paths on the ground surface through the
grass and weeds (and even though the recent snow). okay, off to look for a
live-catch vole trap...

Could be a vole...sort of looks like a bratwurst with brown fur...will eat
everything. Don't leave anything in your garden....pieces of wood,
pots...anything really, as they like to make lots of trails under things

but
not necessarily deep.

I have some small critter in my garden, and after reading about moles,

it
doesn't seem to be one.
This guy leaves trails above and below ground, in my garden and out of

it...
about 1 inch wide. S/he's eaten through the bottom stems of my pea

plants.

Any ideas what this thing is, and how to re-locate it? A trap would

work,
no?

Is it a MOLE ? Is it a VOLE ? No, it's XXX Raymond RUSSELL United Kingdom 3 30-06-2004 07:15 PM
mole, vole smitty48 Edible Gardening 1 26-10-2003 02:32 AM
New Anti-vole Weapon! Shiva Roses 9 18-08-2003 06:02 PM
New Anti-vole Weapon! Shiva Gardening 4 11-08-2003 07:07 AM
Deadly Vole Damage bthache Gardening 0 20-05-2003 10:08 PM