GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thanks for all the zucchini advice!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/107217-thanks-all-zucchini-advice.html)

Sue 21-09-2005 02:19 AM

Thanks for all the zucchini advice!!

The blossom end rot problem has been solved with the help of several
people here. I am out every morning with my trusty paint brush
committing lewd and lascivious acts with my zucchini blossoms. I now
have zucchini!!! I should have checked with you folks a couple of
years ago.
To the person I told that I didn't have mildew: I'm sorry. I lied
(unintentionally). I guess that's what those silvery white patches
are on the leaves. I had already gone from sprinkling the lawn and
zucchini to just using the hose to irrigate the zucchini and being
very careful about where the water hits when I sprinkle the lawn.
To the person who asked if I had put my name on the map: I just tried
and got some error thingy. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley in central
California.
Next year I'll be here first thing for your most excellent advice.
I never did get many tomatoes. Just too hot this year I guess. The
commercial growers around here had a terrible year, too.
Sue