GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Method for freezing Banana Peppers? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/107523-method-freezing-banana-peppers.html)

28-09-2005 11:35 PM

Method for freezing Banana Peppers?

I've harvested what will probably be the last of my peppers. Some that I
just picked are a little soft and wrinkled near the tips but I think they're
OK yet. I want to freeze them. I've read that I should just wash them, cut
off the stems and put them in plastic bags in the freezer. Is that all
there is to it? When I cut the stems, should I cut enough that the inside
of the pepper is visible or should it remain "sealed"? Thanks.

[email protected] 29-09-2005 02:18 PM

wrote:
I've harvested what will probably be the last of my peppers. Some that I
just picked are a little soft and wrinkled near the tips but I think they're
OK yet. I want to freeze them. I've read that I should just wash them, cut
off the stems and put them in plastic bags in the freezer. Is that all
there is to it? When I cut the stems, should I cut enough that the inside
of the pepper is visible or should it remain "sealed"? Thanks.

I dehydrate mine. There is no loss of flavor and you won't need to
freeze them.

Kathy 29-09-2005 07:26 PM

wrote in message
I've harvested what will probably be the last of my peppers. Some that I
just picked are a little soft and wrinkled near the tips but I think
they're
OK yet. I want to freeze them. I've read that I should just wash them,
cut
off the stems and put them in plastic bags in the freezer. Is that all
there is to it? When I cut the stems, should I cut enough that the inside
of the pepper is visible or should it remain "sealed"? Thanks.

Peppers don't need blanching like other veggies do before freezing. I just
seed and dice mine, freeze them on sheets, and bag them (so I can pour out a
few as needed) or chop them up seeds and all and freeze them in a small-cube
ice tray for cubes to add to chili. The heat is in the centers, so the
seeded ones are milder than the seeds-in ones.

Kathy