Old 29-09-2005, 08:50 AM
NOLAguyXM

Default Meyers Lemon

I started a thread a while back about my Meyers Lemon tree, however I
am having problems posting to it now, so here is the link for
reference:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...37d4d5239cf559

My problem now is that out of the 12 small fruits that were on the
tree, 11 of them prematurely turned yellow and fell off. The 12th is
of normal size, but still dark green. It seems as though this fruit
should have ripened by now. It has been the same size and color for
the past 2 months. I am getting ready to move the plant indoors for
the winter and am wondering if I should just prune the fruit before
moving it indoors. Any suggestions?

Old 29-09-2005, 03:58 PM
gonzo

No suggestions, but I share your dilemma and am hopeful for some action
on this thread. I am considering re-potting my tree into a larger pot,
and maybe even leaving it out over the winter in an unheated
greenhouse. It's at least three years old (since I rec'd it) and so
far.. one lemon, first season.. *shrug*

Old 30-09-2005, 12:57 AM
TQ

Your original thread motivated me to buy one from Parks. It was loaded with
flowers when it arrived. Many of the flowers set fruit which promptly fell
off, probably a result of improper watering. It flowered again and set five
fruits of nice size. I've learned how to water it and it's doing fine.

The tree sits outside on the back steps, but it's getting near the time to
bring it inside for the winter. The fruits have been green for more than
two months, but from I've read, they take their gold ol' time turing yellow.

oups.com...

Old 30-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Marcella Peek

The Four Winds website has lots of good information on growing citrus.

http://www.fourwindsgrowers.com

marcella

In article ,
"TQ" ToweringQs AT adelphia.net wrote:

Your original thread motivated me to buy one from Parks. It was loaded with
flowers when it arrived. Many of the flowers set fruit which promptly fell
off, probably a result of improper watering. It flowered again and set five
fruits of nice size. I've learned how to water it and it's doing fine.

The tree sits outside on the back steps, but it's getting near the time to
bring it inside for the winter. The fruits have been green for more than
two months, but from I've read, they take their gold ol' time turing yellow.

"NOLAguyXM" wrote in message
oups.com...
I started a thread a while back about my Meyers Lemon tree, however I
am having problems posting to it now, so here is the link for
reference:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...ead/a95ad6ee30
b932fe/8537d4d5239cf559?hl=en#8537d4d5239cf559

Old 30-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Anthony A.

My understanding is that lemons take 9 month to ripen.
Keep waiting!

Old 02-10-2005, 03:01 AM
NOLAguyXM

Thanks everyone! I also sent an email to Park Seed and got a reply
saying that the lemons take up to a year to mature. TQ, good luck with
your lemons! My next order from Park will be a few varieties of seed
tape for the raised, multi-tier, garden that I plan on building during
the off season.

Meyers Conservatory Ray B[_2_] Orchid Photos 0 12-09-2008 12:58 PM
Meyers Conservatory Ray B[_2_] Orchids 0 12-09-2008 12:58 PM
Lemon-scented something - lemon-scented.jpg Ann Garden Photos 5 07-08-2007 06:09 PM
Looking for Ft.Meyers/Naples/Marco Growers to visit late Dec. News Orchids 3 28-11-2006 06:42 PM
Meyers Lemons NOLAguyXM Edible Gardening 5 15-05-2005 09:40 PM