Old 03-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Bob Mounger

Default Vegi Gardens

Yes. All herbs are perennial, and that takes already quite a way down
the road. You can have a herb pesto with your store bought potatoes
nine months a year.

Well, not all herbs, but most.

Here is a short list of perennial veggies for, say, Zone 6,

- asparagus
- jerusalem
- perennial chard
- good king henry

Also sorrel, rhubarb, and strawberries. Nothing like a good strawberr-
rhubarb pie :-).

Don't forget walking onions. & in Texas I have to deliberately
pull up kale or it will keep leafing & seed itself indefinitely...

--
Bob Mounger
Old 05-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Bob Buckingham

You can probalby save the seed from that kale. I like to leave winter
veggies bloom in spring for feeding the predator insects and then
reaping the seeds.

RCB

Don't forget walking onions. & in Texas I have to deliberately
pull up kale or it will keep leafing & seed itself indefinitely...

Covering Vegi Patch with plastic info skinty United Kingdom 2 09-08-2007 08:28 PM
Vegi Bed skinty Lawns 0 07-08-2007 08:04 PM
vegi filter btinternet Ponds 14 23-04-2004 02:05 PM
vegi filter btinternet Ponds 0 17-04-2004 08:08 PM
Vegi plants in pots?? Gardening 6 15-05-2003 06:56 PM