GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   2005 Tomato notes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/108123-2005-tomato-notes.html)

Mike 17-10-2005 06:56 PM

2005 Tomato notes

This year I tried a Brandywine in a 5 gallon bucket (holes punched in
bottom). It was filled with Miracle Grow potting soil and was
fertilized with Scotts liquid fertilizer after about 2 months. Planted
from Ferry-Morse seeds in January (Dallas area). I added a cage to the
bucket.

Harvest was about 35 large tasty tomatoes. First one was ripe at about
100 days. Last one was picked within 2 mweeks. Watering was usually
twice a day during the summer. After three months with no more fruit,
I gave up.

HelixStalwart 17-10-2005 09:39 PM

2005 Tomato notes

On 17 Oct 2005 10:56:19 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

Harvest was about 35 large tasty tomatoes.

Sounds yummy! Did you take any pics?

Mike 18-10-2005 04:30 PM

2005 Tomato notes

No, I ate them too fast!