GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Megaton Cabbage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/108162-megaton-cabbage.html)

Pavel314 19-10-2005 02:17 AM

Megaton Cabbage

My wife and I just made our sauerkraut for the coming year. This year, she
planted a new variety, the Megaton. Excellent cabbage. Very flavorful,
dense, very small hearts and easy to shred. We're going to plant them again
next year.

Along with 20+ pounds of regular cabbage, we made a small experimental batch
of hot pepper sauerkraut. Three pounds of shredded cabbage, three hot red
banana peppers and salt. Very colorful; I'll give you a report on how it
ferments and tastes when it's done.

Paul