GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What's the name of this apple? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/109301-whats-name-apple.html)

[email protected] 23-11-2005 03:09 AM

What's the name of this apple?

A long time ago I ate red apples that had little yellow chunks in them
that tasted like pineapple. They were the best tasting apples I ever
ate. Anybody know the name of this variety?

sherwindu 23-11-2005 06:03 AM

What's the name of this apple?

The closest I can come to that is an apple I grow called a Pitmastin Pineapple. It is
a small russeted apple (not red) that supposedly has a pineapple taste. I don't detect
the pineapple taste, but the apple itself is very flavorable.

Here is a web site you may want to check about breeding apples to have a pineapple
taste:

http://www.minnesotaharvest.net/applepine.htm

Let us know it you find out which apple this is.

Sherwin D.