GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Honeyberry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/109514-honeyberry.html)

Jim Elbrecht 02-12-2005 04:01 AM

Honeyberry

I got a new catalog today- "one Green World". Never dealt with the
folks, but the description "Unique Fruits and Ornamentals from around
the World" made me crack the cover and drool a bit.

These guys caught my eye--
Honeyberry - sets fruit early spring- looks like a real prolific plant
with berries large enough for me to pick a quart or two.
http://www.onegreenworld.com/Pages/o...oneyberry.html

I've learned over the years that everything is beautiful, easy, and
prolific in a seed catalog, but not always the same in real life. So
I wondered if anyone had some real world experience with them.

I went to google groups first and ran across a few threads asking
about them in 2002-- but not a bunch of folks saying they tried them.

I found this thread on gardenweb;
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...221128604.html
Not real encouraging- but it hasn't turned me off yet.

I'm in NY- a warm zone 5.

Thanks,
Jim

GA Pinhead 02-12-2005 04:15 AM

Honeyberry

Did you search for lonicera kamchatika?

There were some Land Grant University info about some trials, you could
contact them.

John!