GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help me id this plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/110133-help-me-id-plant.html)

[email protected] 27-12-2005 04:04 PM

Help me id this plant

The plant is bush-like - someone gave me a drink of juice made from the
fruit. The leaves are three semi-slender slightly serated deep green
with red veins and stems. There is a delicate flower - small creamish
white.

The fruit is a nickle sized bulbish looking - almost acorn shaped. It
is shrouded in deep red pedals that is appears eventually open. I am
not sure what stage of development the fruit is in so it may become
significantly larger.

I can email a picture of the fruit and leaves it it will help.

Thanks

TQ 28-12-2005 01:28 AM

Help me id this plant

wrote in message
oups.com...
The plant is bush-like - someone gave me a drink of juice made from the
fruit. The leaves are three semi-slender slightly serated deep green
with red veins and stems. There is a delicate flower - small creamish
white.

The fruit is a nickle sized bulbish looking - almost acorn shaped. It
is shrouded in deep red pedals that is appears eventually open. I am
not sure what stage of development the fruit is in so it may become
significantly larger.

I can email a picture of the fruit and leaves it it will help.

Thanks

You can host your picture here...

http://www.imageshack.us/

....and drop a link to the NG.

[email protected] 29-12-2005 02:19 PM

Help me id this plant

Thanks,

but it has been id'd by another group. It is Roselle Hibiscus

Jack