GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Container Potatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/110573-container-potatoes.html)

gasdoctor 14-01-2006 07:49 PM

Container Potatoes

Hi,

I quite fancy having a go at growing some potatoes, in a container.

Any suggestions on which variety?

I`d be more inclined to grow a salad or a potato for baking etc rather than one for mashing/chips etc to appreciate the flavour.

Cheers

Ed

aem 15-01-2006 02:03 AM

Container Potatoes

gasdoctor wrote:
Hi,

I quite fancy having a go at growing some potatoes, in a container.

Any suggestions on which variety?

I`d be more inclined to grow a salad or a potato for baking etc rather
than one for mashing/chips etc to appreciate the flavour.

I'd be inclined to go for a very large container -- a half barrel, say
-- and some kind of fingerling potatoes. -aem