Old 01-02-2006, 07:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook

Default Warm weather

It is not supposed to be this warm in February. It is in the low 50's
with lots of sun. Why do I have the feeling that it will start
snowing next week and be cold until July.

The weather is making me antsy to get started planting things. started
broccoli, broccoli raab, Swiss chard and cabbage in the greenhouse on
Saturday and Monday. The 2 broccolis have already started
germinating.

I am wondering how many of the things that are reported to not do well
as transplants actually do. Have any of you tried some? What were
the results?
--
Susan N.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

It is not supposed to be this warm in February. It is in the low 50's
with lots of sun. Why do I have the feeling that it will start
snowing next week and be cold until July.

The weather is making me antsy to get started planting things. started
broccoli, broccoli raab, Swiss chard and cabbage in the greenhouse on
Saturday and Monday. The 2 broccolis have already started
germinating.

I am wondering how many of the things that are reported to not do well
as transplants actually do. Have any of you tried some? What were
the results?

I had brocolli, cabbage and swiss chard outside all last winter. :-)
Even when we had a freeze, they didn't.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in news:Omelet-
:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

It is not supposed to be this warm in February. It is in the low 50's
with lots of sun. Why do I have the feeling that it will start
snowing next week and be cold until July.

The weather is making me antsy to get started planting things. started
broccoli, broccoli raab, Swiss chard and cabbage in the greenhouse on
Saturday and Monday. The 2 broccolis have already started
germinating.

I am wondering how many of the things that are reported to not do well
as transplants actually do. Have any of you tried some? What were
the results?

I had brocolli, cabbage and swiss chard outside all last winter. :-)
Even when we had a freeze, they didn't.

Cheers!

My carrot (yes, carrot) is still green after being covered with snow for
a month. Before I start tilling the garden for planting, I'll have to
dig it up and see how it did.

I have started quite a few things early. Most of them do pretty well,
but some do die. The only things I sewed directly in the ground last
year were green beans (excellent crop of those) and carrots (I got two to
grow.) The tomatoes were all pre-started, some by me and some by a
store. They gave us an excellent crop.

The only thing that was prestarted and didn't produce much was
strawberries. It was their first year in a new home, so I'm hoping for a
better year this year.

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.

Warm weather Barb Gardening 2 08-01-2007 12:50 PM
warm weather greens Johnny Kuo North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
warm weather grass Ni North Carolina 6 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
warm weather grass Baine Carruthers North Carolina 4 01-05-2003 05:33 PM
warm weather greens Johnny Kuo North Carolina 1 15-03-2003 07:08 PM