Old 20-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Pruning peas and beans?

I am growing wax beans and sugar snap peas in my small greenhouse. There is
very vigorous growth. I sometimes wonder if it is too much and keep9ing the
interior of the plant from getting light.

Does it make sense to prune these plants? Any recommendations on how? Please
relate you experiences along those lines.

Bill

Old 20-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Tim B

Pruning is for woody plants.

My closest experience is having a pole bean crossbeam fall and messed up the
top of about 30 heirloom pole bean plants. They didn't really get over it
and most of them died or went into shutdown soon afterwards. Though it was
during the hot dry time last summer when everything including myself shut
down for awhile.

I did a web search for "prune" and "pea" and didn't find any hits.

Old 30-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Frogleg

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:52:06 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

I am growing wax beans and sugar snap peas in my small greenhouse. There is
very vigorous growth. I sometimes wonder if it is too much and keep9ing the
interior of the plant from getting light.

Does it make sense to prune these plants? Any recommendations on how? Please
relate you experiences along those lines.

No. It *does* make sense to keep up with harvesting. Otherwise, the
plants start putting energy into developing the seeds inside the
growing pods, and stop generating new ones.