Old 22-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Peggy

Default A Wicked Garden

Hi!
It's spring again and I've got the fever like all of you! I added a new
section to A Macabre Garden, if you'd like to take a look.
http://www.dreamwater.com/sancho/wickedgarden.html
the site also features black flora, night blooming flora, malodorous flora
and herbal folklore (as well as the new "Wicked Garden" section that
explores plants with especially evil sounding names)
Plan your Halloween garden now!
Peg

Old 22-03-2003, 06:32 PM
oldgoth

"animaux" wrote in message

What a fabulous site! Thanks for posting it.

Have to agree, never been interesting in gardening but looking at that and
then the wasteland outside my back door has got me thinking....

Then again the wasteland is all my own doing, 12 years hard work so far!

oldgoth
www.insanitorium.co.uk
www.gothic-eye.co.uk
'You're not drunk if you can lay on the
floor without holding on' - Dean Martin.

Old 24-03-2003, 09:44 AM
BitBat/trish

"oldgoth" wrote in message

"animaux" wrote in message

What a fabulous site! Thanks for posting it.

Have to agree, never been interesting in gardening but looking at that and
then the wasteland outside my back door has got me thinking....

Then again the wasteland is all my own doing, 12 years hard work so far!

I've got some Gothic Grass you could add to your wasteland

don't think the site mentioned ~black grass~ , or ophiopogon nigrescens to
us gardeners
(it's not a grass at all really though, but a member of the orchid family)

http://www.dur.ac.uk/botanic.garden/dubg/ophnig.html
http://www.bradleygardens.co.uk/page...nial/4882.html

http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk/ophiopogon.html
http://www.ingwersen.co.uk/Ophiopogo...rescens%27.htm

if anyone wants some I shall be selling little pots of it for a modest fee
(amidst much teasing and ridicule no doubt !) at Beyond The Veil alongside
the t-shirts on our merchandise stall.

bitbat/trish

Old 25-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Peggy

Thanks everyone - I'll add it to the site. The only black grass I currently
have listed is "black mondo grass". I've been seeing a lot of black bamboo
this year also, though it tends to be rather expensive.
Peg
"A Macabre Garden"
http://www.dreamwater.com/sancho/macabregarden.html

Old 26-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Monique Reed

There are some neat-looking black radishes:
http://www.all-creatures.org/recipes...ish-black.html

There are some nearly black asparagus and eggplant
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds...vegetable.html

Any Wicked Garden ought to have the nifty Moon and Stars Watermelon:
http://oldvegiepatch.netfirms.com/water.htm

The cake-taker, though, is probably Tacca chanteri, Bat Flower
http://www.grasstree.co.uk/Other%20s...at%20plant.htm

Oh...um...Ophiopogon, which someone mentioned, is a member of the Lily
Family, and not an orchid.

M. Reed
College Station, TX
Old 26-03-2003, 09:20 PM
oldgoth

"Monique Reed" wrote in message

lots of stuff

Okay, so now I'm interested in gardening...

oldgoth
www.insanitorium.co.uk
www.gothic-eye.co.uk
'You're not drunk if you can lay on the
floor without holding on' - Dean Martin.

Man, Mr. bush Jr. sure is wicked evil eh? Lord Bonsai 0 28-07-2003 02:22 AM
Free: 3 Wicked Holly Bushes Bippy North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 06:47 PM
Free: 3 Wicked Holly Bushes Bippy North Carolina 0 13-04-2003 02:56 AM
A Wicked Garden Peggy United Kingdom 6 26-03-2003 09:20 PM
A Wicked Garden Peggy Gardening 6 26-03-2003 09:20 PM